A Plus Summer with Education Unlimited
based on 0 reviews
Camp Directors - Update
13 to 18 years old
Male and Female
Day and Overnight
$1,000 - $2,000 a week
A+ High School challenges entering 9th and 10th grade students in high-level academic activities that develop skills needed for high school success and achievement. Students will attend courses in:
* Advanced argumentative writing
* Critical reading (generally a short play such as Shakespeare’s Hamlet or Kafka’s Metamorphosis)
* Logic & problem solving with advanced math, reasoning and practical brainteasers and puzzles
* Team video project in response to their reading
Students will also receive seminars and lectures covering study skills and strategies such as time management, note-taking, and course planning.
This program is designed to give students who are already doing well in school an experience that is both challenging and fun. Our unique classes allow students the one-on-one attention that is often missing in school, allowing them to explore their potential as writers, thinkers, and doers.
When students leave the program, they will have written several drafts of a well-argued persuasive essay, read, analyzed, and discussed several major articles and/or a novel, and challenged themselves to solve advanced logic problems and puzzles.
A+ PreCollege engages 11th and 12th grade students in college-level academic activities that build the critical thinking skills necessary for college. Our goal is to prepare students for college success by giving them experience with academic projects similar to those found in college classes, while living in a fun, supportive, and supervised environment.
Our program gives students the opportunity to take on a significant project of their own interest and develop a well-reasoned research report. While at camp, students will:
* Work closely with our experienced instructors to conceive and compose a college-level research paper
* Conduct primary research (surveys, interviews, etc.) on a social science topic
* Develop a bibliography of references
* Engage in critical reading assignments, response writing, class discussions to further develop their critical thinking skills
* Create an academic oral presentation to be delivered at the end of the program.
This program can be taken as a follow-up to our College Admission Prep Camp, or taken as an independent offering.
A+ Middle School immerses students in an environment that encourages advanced thinking, creative problem solving, and a lifelong love of learning.
Students will design and execute their own solution to a contemporary predicament, as they explore their potential as inventors, detectives, and strategists. Interdisciplinary classes will strengthen students’ talents in reading, writing, math, and science, while pushing them to employ these skills in new and imaginative ways. Through rotating seminars and workshops, participants will also cultivate important skills in teamwork and collaboration, project management, and organizational stratagem.
- Take classes in mystery solving, practical inventions, and community planning
-Participate in a Youth Future Summit (showcase inventions and plans for a better future world!)
-Taste some real mystery meat at the morbidly delicious Whodunit Dinner!
-Meet and speak with contemporary innovators!
-Visit exciting Bay Area locations, like the Winchester Mystery House and the Exploratorium!
3.0 GPA required for all A+ Programs